Friday 2 July 2010

NARRATIVE (WORDS)

Researching into possible narratives for my series of short films has been much harder that I first anticipated.

There are so many different angles and subjects I could choose that I am finding it difficult to hone in on any one area.

Because of this I have decided to spread the net wide initially and put down as many poems, short stories and words that I find interesting and feel that I can work with in a visual form.

Therefore this post will be added to on a regular basis as and when I find any text of interest:

I have started with 2 short stories/poems that I stumbled upon today - "The Lost Generation" is a really interesting one and I am already getting excited about drawing up a story board for this one. It could be a real winner!!!



THE LOST GENERATION


I am part of a lost generation, and I refuse to believe that I can change the world.
I realise that this might be a shock but
"true happiness comes from within"
is a lie, and
"money will make me happy"
So in 30 years I will tell my children
they are not the most important thing in my life
My employer will know that I have my priorities straight because
work
is more important than
family
I tell you this
Once upon a time
Families stayed together
But this will not be true in my era
This is a quick fix society
Experts tell me
That 30 years from now I will be celebrating the tenth anniversery of my divorce
I do not concede that
I will live in a country of my own making
In the future
Environmental destruction will be the norm
No longer can it be said that
My peers and I care about this earth
It will be evident that
My generation is empathetic and lathalgic
It is foolish to presume that
There is hope.


And all of this will come true unless we choose to reverse it.
(now read it from bottom up)



HOLLOW FIRES

TO MY MOTHER

ROSE H.DAVIS

Now hollow fires burn out to black,
And lights are guttering low;

Square your shoulders, lift your pack,
And leave your friends and go.

Oh never fear, man, nought's to dread,

Look not left nor right;
In all the endless road you tread,
There's nothing but the night.

A. E. HOUSMAN,
"Shropshire Lad."



Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
let me hide myself in Thee;
let the water and the blood,
from thy riven side which flowed,
be of sin the double cure;
cleanse me from its guilt and power.

Not the labors of my hands
can fulfil thy law's demands;
could my zeal no respite know,
could my tears forever flow,
all for sin could not atone;
thou must save, and thou alone.

When my pilgrimage I close,
Victor o'er the last of foes,
When I soar to worlds unknown,
and behold Thee on Thy throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
let me hide myself in Thee.

Reverend Augustus Montague Toplady


WATER

Water has the ability to attract and accumulate bio-energy. It also stores an energy memory of harmful or helpful vibrations to which it was exposed in the past.



CYCLE OF LIFE

The Earth my womb
My lonely cacoon
With spirits of ancestors near.

The wolf and antelope
Watch my path
And guard against my fear.

Tomorrow when a raven flies
My song and dance will show
The path I took while shacked here
Upon a land of snow.

And when my Womb engulf my flesh
I'll join my distant tribe
On wings and hoof
With prayer of hope
For those left here alive---

T.Reyes -1993

No comments:

Post a Comment