Saturday 21 August 2010

DECAY FOUND AT HEYSHAM





As well as spending time with Richard building a land art project this afternoon I also found some time to scour the beach for objects that visualise decay.

Above are a selection of the pictures I took - I particularly liked the images I took of the huge piece of drift wood root which I couldn't stop taking pictures of - it really drew me in with all the different textures and the starkness of its colour. There was also lots of rubbish that had been washed up and the salt water from the sea had already taken a few prisoners!! There were also some really interesting grain patterns from some large stump trees that had been washed up on the beach. It was really good to get out and really search for interesting images that really get across the narrative of decay.

No comments:

Post a Comment